Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Team Eastside Business Socks

I love to ride bikes.

I love exploring different roads and trails. I also love the self-exploration part that biking allows. How hard can I push myself? How long can I go? How much pain can I endure?

Most importantly, I love my family. As a married father of three and a cyclist, I am often torn between family commitments, work and riding time. How does one honor all three when daddy-chauffeur duties prevent even bike commuting?

Team Eastside business socks!





I pack my bike and riding gear into the car in the morning and make sure to wear a pair of cycling "Team Eastside business" socks along with my work clothing. The Business Socks serve as a tangible reminder that I need to get my ass out of the office and do that mid-day ride. What they lack in style, they make up for in motivation, fun, and hopefully fitness. As fall approaches, I may explore the realm of office skinsuits. Team order anyone?

Happy riding,
Andrew Gendler

1 comment:

  1. I feel like superhero concealing my skinsuit at work, though - do superhero's were diapers?

    ReplyDelete